The Environment Now Launches - £10,000
A new strand to Think Big, The Environment Now, has officially launched! We are looking for digital solutions to pressing environmental problems and will offer funding of up to £10,000 to the 50 best, innovative ideas. To bring these concepts to life, we at O2 will be providing mentoring, work experience and insight sessions with industry professionals. Read on to find out more...
Your The Environment Now project must:
1. Have a designated project leader that is aged between 17-24. Our programme is specifically aimed at young people and the project team must reflect this.
2. Have a positive and measurable environmental impact in areas such as; energy efficiency or waste and recycling.
3. Use digital technology to solve an environmental issue, this could include, but is not limited to: • Using digital skills and/or digital connectivity • The use of pre-existing technologies and digital platforms • Using digital research and data management
4. Be based within the UK; although it could have wider benefits.
5. Have realistic and achievable objectives within the available funding and timeframe.
6. Have sustainable values, considering your projects impact on the environment and local community.
7. Not pay for team salaries, accommodation rent, social trips or any personal expenses that aren’t related to your project.
8. Not support or endorse political parties, religious organisations and extreme activist groups.
9. Not be part of an existing project or charity just requiring additional funding to continuing its existing work with no new elements.
10. Not require additional funding to complete you The Environment Now project objectives.
Want to apply to The Environment Now Challenge? Click here to head over to the application page, and when prompted for the youth partner code on the second page please enter TEN. This is essential your application may be lost without it.
If you have any questions or queries please email us TheEnvironmentNow@o2thinkbig.co.uk or call 07702 835214.
The Environment Now programme is funded by O2 and the National Lottery Big Lottery Fund through the Our Bright Future programme and is managed by the National Youth Agency.